Thursday, April 20, 2017

A small docker image with kubectl,helm, envsubst based on Alpine

I guess lots of people will have something similar, I thought to share my small customized container.

So here, you can find a small Alpine Based container, stuffed with
  1. bash
  2. curl
  3. envsubst
  4. kubectl
  5. helm (client)
It is mostly used as a `gitlab` runner, in order to `talk` to kubernetes clusters (injected with the appropriate kube-configs).

You can just run /pull it  like

docker pull javapapo/kube-runner:2
docker run -it javapapo/kube-runner:2

 Using different tags e.g 1, 2 etc, I just upgrade some of the versions of the above utils.

Currently I feature tag `1` and `2`.

No rocket science, maybe some people will find it usefull on their GitLab/Circle/BitBucket runner use cases.

ps) github repo is here

No comments:

Post a Comment